Monday, October 31, 2011

Hernia Project

After putting up with bad stomach pain for about a month and a half, I finally went to the doctor to see what it could be.  After a c-scan and then a visit to the surgeon, it turns out I have a small collection of these stupid hernias around my belly button and up my scar from the gastric bypass surgery I had back in 2003.  Plus I had a UTI at the time of my visit to my PA so that did not help matters.  

The surgeon prefers performing the corrective surgery via the lap method so he told me I would have to loose the 50 pounds I have gained over the past 4 years due to the stresses of life.  So I am going back to gastric bypass eating basics: protein, fruit and veggies.  We went shopping over the weekend and got lots of good stuff for me to eat.  

I have been trying to increase the amount of walking I do every day and need to have M move the exercise bike into the bedroom so I have better access to ride it.  The surgeon said I can only walk and ride the bike until he fixes my hernia collection.  

Starting Weight
10/24/11: 262 pounds
10/31/11: 259.2 pounds  (2.8 pounds lost)

No comments: