Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big box arrived today!!


The first of many boxes arrived today at work. This picture was my inspiration for the November show at Visual Art Exchange. I am going to crochet the different layers in Halloween themed colors. The yarn I am going to use is from Hobby Lobby called I Love This Yarn. It is great to work with and it is very soft. The decorations are going to be Halloween characters cut out of old vinyl records and I am going to hang them from wire and line from the top layer. I have been wanting to try wire crochet so I am going to make some kind of decoration for the smaller layer of the cake. The cake itself will be around 19 inches high with out the wire decorations. I found some glow in the dark rubber ducks online that I am going to get to add to the top of the cake as well and to put on the board for decorations. Will use kabob sticks to attach the different layers together. I am going to take pictures along this crazy journey of my crocheted cake. I have until September 28, 2009 to have it done and over to VAE.

No comments: