Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beginning State Fair Projects

Found the pattern for the Dr. Who scarf for the third doctor in the series. Just had to make one since the piece of art I won at the Charlotte Comic Con was Dr. Who themed. I am on color change number four. Had to improvise on the colors a bit because I could not find some of the required colors.

Next, will be a crochet sock monkey. Found a pattern without any picture to follow so will see how that will go. I received a yarn donation from a co-worker that I am going to use for part of the monkey. She gave me yellow and green baby yarn and they look really good held together. So I am going to use soft white for the head, mouth, hands and feet area and the color combo for the body.

At my boyfriend's request, I came up with a chart for the snake eyes tattoo to crochet on a hat. Was pretty easy so just have to do a test hat to see how it looks to see if I want to enter it into the fair.

Second option on the hat front is a pattern I have had my eye on for a while. It looks like a birthday cake. Will use it for at the office for your monthly party for the birthday girl/boy after the fair.

And lastly, will be my idea for a baby hat. Just try to win the blue ribbon again since I only got third place last year. I found bits and pieces from three patterns to play around with my idea for the hat. Will fill in later with more details...don't want to give the competition a leg up just in case...lol

No comments: