Friday, October 22, 2010

My WIP Mission

After Mike asked me the other day, "When are you going to finish that Mondrian afghan you started for the fair?" Ok, I started the thing 3 years ago now. I am all done except for the red block and a few white squares. Off of the top of my head, I believe that there are around 250 red two round granny squares left in the red block. Just have not been able to face them. But I do believe it is time to finish the thing and have it ready for the fair next year. Since this year's fair ends on Sunday I have over a year to complete my mission. I will pull the finished pieces out of the tote this weekend and take some pictures to post.

It was a dry year for me at the fair this year with my entries. No ribbons this time. The judges love the tiny lacy stuff on the baby items but I just can't work with a hook smaller than a F. So that puts me out of the loop there. If I had finished my felted purse I might have gotten something. Only three entries in that category this year. Could have done a better stuffing job on my safety barrel so he would have looked better. Oh well, will have to try again next year.

No comments: